Hello! I'm Josie Swallow. I love playing the piano and I love teaching. I believe everyone can be musical and I help people discover a love of music and personal expression through playing the piano.
I live in a village called Sole Street in the heart of the Garden of England, Kent, with my husband Jeremy and my cat Igraine.
As well as a passion for music, when I'm not teaching piano I garden, cook, and practise yoga. Generally not at the same time...
I love learning and deepening my knowledge of playing and teaching piano. Every year I update and refresh my skills with professional development training.
In 2023 these courses have included:
* The Intermediate Course: Continuing Pianistic Growth and Development - The Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy
* TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children's and Young People's Mental Health
* The Piano Teachers' Course April weekend including:
The Foundations of Piano Playing
Building a Repertoire-Rich Teaching Studio
Lifting it off the Page: Bringing Music Alive in Lessons
Tutors: Graham Fitch, Kris Worsley, Beata Toyka, Dr. Sally Cathcart, Penelope Roskell and Ilga Pitkevica
* Attending the NCKP Online (National Conference for Keyboard Pedagogy) in July
* Advanced Sight Reading for Musicians weekend course with Paul Harris
Professional development webinars on topics including:
* Preparing students for grade 1 exams
* Creative ways to practice scales
* Piano sonatas for intermediate students
* Unlocking musical magic - pieces to engage, inspire and motivate
Mentoring by Nancy Litten and Andrew Eales