Hello! I'm Josie Swallow. I love playing the piano and I love teaching. I believe everyone can be musical and I help people discover a love of music and personal expression through playing the piano.
I live in a village called Sole Street in the heart of the Garden of England, Kent, with my husband Jeremy and my cat Igraine.
As well as a passion for music, when I'm not teaching piano I garden, cook, and practise yoga. Generally not at the same time...
I love learning and deepening my knowledge of playing and teaching piano. Every year I update and refresh my skills with professional development training.
In 2020 & 2021 these courses have included:
* Teaching Online Course - The Royal Conservatory of Music
* Complete Musician 1 with Dr. Lona Kozik
* Complete Musician 2 with Dr. Lona Kozik
* Sorting Out the Piano Classics (What to Teach and When) with Elizabeth Gutierrez
* Technical Routines for All Ages with Marvin Blickenstaff
* Coaching a Piece to Performance with Marvin Blickenstaff
* Performance Practice Made Easy (Rules of Thumb for the Student) with Marvin Blickenstaff
MY PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
I am on the Management Committee for EPTA Kent, and an active member of the ABRSM Teacher Voices panel and the Curious Piano Teachers. I was appointed a Cheerleader for the Curious Piano Teachers' '90 Day Challenge' in 2019, to help guide and support other piano teachers to achieve their goals.
I have published several articles in the Piano Professional magazine and the EPTA UK newsletter.
My professional memberships include PM EPTA UK (European Piano Teachers Association) and MISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians).